The Student News Site of Fremont High School

The Tiger's Eye

The Tiger's Eye

The Tiger's Eye

New Teachers expand FHS

Megan Rayl

The 2021-2022 school year has brought many changes, including the incoming of many new teachers.

The newest edition to the science department is Miss. Hansen. Hansen has previous experience in Fremont, as she is a Fremont graduate and student taught alongside Mrs. Demuth last school year. Hansen says that she’s excited for the new activities she will get to teach to students this year, such as forensic crime scenes. With the pandemic being a year in, Hansen feels a bit more confident this year than she was last year. “I think settling in has been alright since this year we’ve been a little more lenient on COVID guidelines, last year was pretty interesting as a student teacher with wearing masks and all,” Hansen said.

There have also been a couple new editions to the Spanish department. One of those editions being Mrs. Lovell. Lovell came to Fremont for her 5th year of teaching. So far, she feels welcomed by students and fellow staff. “I am loving teaching at Fremont High School so far. I really enjoy teaching level one (Spanish) and all of my students are great to work with!” Lovell said.

As COVID protocols are becoming more relaxed, Lovell hopes to make it through the year without doing any remote learning.  “Last year was really difficult with COVID, but this year the protocols are a bit more relaxed so it hasn’t been too difficult to settle in.” Lovell said.

Mrs. Grossman, who has also been teaching for the past 5 years, recently moved into the English department from Westside High School in Omaha. Grossman teaches English class for both 9th and 10th grade students. She is excited to get to know her piers at Fremont. “I am very excited to get to know people, be a part of the community, and be creative in my lesson planning.” Grossman said.

Grossman mentioned that the adjustment to the new district hasn’t been too difficult for her, even with the Pandemic still going on.