Boys Track has another successful season

John Russell

After scoring first in six out of eight meets this season, Fremont High’s Varsity boys track team is showing clear signs of a bright end to their season. 

Head track coach Dave Sellon says that he is hopeful for the remainder of the season after the boys managed to make some huge accomplishments. 

The biggest highlight so far this season was our 4×800 relay at the George Anderson Invite last week,” Sellon said. “Tyson Baker, Carter Waters, Nolan Miller, and Braden Taylor set a new state record in the event with their time of 7:42.42.  That time is currently the #1 time for high school boys in the United States.”

Varsity will compete in their annual NSAA District meet on tues. May 10. At District, Fremont will be competing against several other schools in the A-1 category. 

Senior Tyson Baker, who has had a very successful track record so far, says that while he’s looking forward to the rest of the season, there is still a lot to do before this year’s district meet.

“We have had a very good season so far. I feel like we have the right tools to go far, but there’s still lots of work to do leading up to districts and state.” Baker said. 

Varsity’s state tournament will be held wed. May 18. Despite the leftover work needed from varsity track, things are only looking up for the Tigers.