FHS Choirs perform their annual fall Soda Shoppe

The Fremont High School choirs were putting in the work from 9 to 5 to put on a show stopping performance.

The Soda Shoppe is an annual booster club fundraising event for choir students. It is a concert that features performances by the auditioned mixed choirs, said FHS’s Choir Director Mark Harman.

“Tickets for Soda Shoppe are $5 and all proceeds go to the Fremont Choir Booster Club to help provide scholarships for graduating seniors from the vocal music department,” Harman said.

This year’s Soda Shoppe was performed on Tuesday, October 5 at 7:00 p.m. in the Nell McPherson Auditorium.

After dealing with the restrictions from the pandemic last year, Harman said he was excited to get back to the regular style of the show.

“This year’s performance is exciting because we are experiencing a bit of a return to “normal,” Harman said. “The ensembles are also a little larger because students are more heavily involved.”

Senior Ainsley Goebel enjoys putting on the Soda Shoppe performance.

“I like doing Soda Shoppe because it is different compared to our other choir events in that it is not as formal,” Goebel said. “We get to loosen up.”

Goebel has big expectations for the upcoming year.

“Soda Shoppe gives me excitement for the upcoming events. When we have an event start out this good, you know we will go out with a bang at the end of the year.”