The Student News Site of Fremont High School

The Tiger's Eye

The Tiger's Eye

The Tiger's Eye

FHS senior is having a 2021 record breaking season

John Russell

Over the past three seasons, now senior Micah Moore has been the Tigers starting running back, and he has broken one of the biggest records in school history.

Dating back to 1971, Fremont High alum Ritch Bahe counted up 24 rushing touchdowns from 1969-1971, a record that has still been held, until earlier this season.

Back on September 10th, Moore broke free on the Tigers second offensive play of the game for a 74 yard touchdown run. A touchdown that propelled Moore to the top of the record books.

“The whole staff was very proud of Micah breaking the record for touchdowns,” said head coach Lee Jennings. “He works extremely hard and has had a great career, It is a nice accomplishment for him.”

Moore now has 35 rushing touchdowns on the season, but his coach doesn’t plan on him stopping.

“ We expect more of the same out of Micah for the rest of the season,” Jennings said. “ he is someone that is always going to give us his best effort and because of that we will continue to see great performances from him.”

Rushing touchdowns was not the only record that Moore has broken this season.

Moore now sits atop the charts for rushing yards in a career, with 2,794 total rushing yards in his career.

Along with Moore, his teammate and captain senior Mason Limbach has recorded eight career sacks during his time with the Tigers, which breaks the previous record of ??.

“ It was exciting,” Limach said. “I was pushing for the record for a while and when I got it I was definitely enthused about it.”

Limbach has seen Moore grow as a player ever since he’s been on varsity, and still expects big things nearing the season’s end.

“ It was an incredible milestone to reach and Micah is the kid I loved seeing reaching it,” Limbach said. “He deserves all the recognition he gets and I hope he makes it big, Micah is more focused on helping the team get far into the season but non the less a record broken for him.”

As the season nears its end, Limbach, Moore and the Tigers are pushing for the postseason, with hopes to better the program in the future.

“My hope is to accomplish not only making the playoffs but winning some playoff games,” Limbach said. “ I want to see this team succeed so that future generations know what it’s like to play for the Tigers.”

As the NSAA Class A playoffs kick off on Friday, October 29th, Limbach and Moore hope to guide the Tigers to a playoff berth.