Girls Varsity Bowling Looking for their state championship

fhstigersports
The varsity girls bowling team display their district championship award. Photo from @fhstigersports on Twitter

The Fremont High School varsity bowling team is hoping to bowl their way to another championship this year.

After the varsity boys’ team won the state championship last year, the girls are hoping to strike their way to a win this season.

“The girls won districts, and we’re going to state as a team for it. Four of those girls qualified for the individuals at the state event,” head varsity bowling coach Keith Cunnings said. “We had one boy qualify for individual state.”

Seniors Lexi Montoya and Alexander Riessen and sophomores Karina Capron, Kayleigh McKenzie and Haylee Bates are the individual qualifiers for state.

Capron was the individual district champion on Monday, Jan. 31. She is hoping to give her all at the championship.

My goals going into state is to give my 110% and execute every shot I throw,” Capron said. “Also, to stay focused no matter how hard the pattern is or how frustrating it may get.”

Capron has enjoyed the team’s friendly environment and the accomplishments they have achieved.

“My favorite part about bowling is getting to do the thing I love and getting to be with the team achieving many accomplishments,” Capron said. “The environment of this team is amazing. The team feels like my family and we have amazing coaches. I couldn’t ask for a better team.”

The state meet is held at Sun Valley Lanes in Lincoln. The individual competition is on Monday, Feb. 7, and the team competition is on Tuesday, Feb. 8.