The Student News Site of Fremont High School

The Tiger's Eye

The Tiger's Eye

The Tiger's Eye

An Oreo Delight

Image curtesy of Dave’s Cake’s Facebook Page

As a way to reward students hard work, David Stevens, my Newspaper adviser, has a habit of bringing in random assortments of food every so often. These are my favorite days when I walk into my newspaper class greeted with a cookie, cake or piece of pizza. 

Today was no different but this time I was graced with a delightful cookies and cream cupcake-moist and buttery looking chocolate cupcake, topped with a dollop of delicately placed creamy cookies and cream frosting.

My favorite part of its presentation was the scoop of cookies and cream frosting, making the cupcake look like a brownie sundae. 

It was safe to say that it looked absolutely heavenly and with the lunch period only being thirty minutes away, I could feel my stomach screaming at me to eat it as fast as humanly possible.

I was immediately intimidated by its enormous size, however this did not affect the taste of the cupcake, which did not disappoint by any means. I could describe it as being sacrilegious. It felt illegal to be indulging in something so good, so much so that I had to turn around to see if anyone was watching before I had an intimate wolfing session with the delicious cupcake.

The moist, soft cake was almost melted in my mouth. It was disgraceful how much I enjoyed the taste of just the cake. Although, I have never been fond of chocolate (what I’d call a love-hate relationship) it was the best cupcake I had ever tasted. It left me reeling, feeling like I had just had an out-of-body experience with a cupcake.

The frosting was an entire feat of it own. I was addicted to the taste, I wasn’t able to get enough of it in my mouth. The frosting contained oreos, however, they were not the kind most are used to. They were completely soft only giving the occasional, yet extremely enjoyable crunch, which I greatly appreciated. The juxtaposition of textures made it all the more appetzing. It wasn’t long before I polished off the last bites of it.

I mourned the loss of its taste in my mouth. I craved the soft texture and chocolate-sweet flavor; I could eat a million of them. So, of course, my next logical step would be to find out where I can get more. 

Stevens told me about Dave’s Cakes, a little bakery shop in the middle of Omaha, that sells their world-changing cupcakes. Their flavors range from almond, to lemon, to M&M, to almond raspberry.

These absolutely jaw dropping and delicious cupcakes will only bring your bank account down about $2.00, and might I say it was well worth it. For twelve more delicious experiences it will only be $22.00. Dave’s Cakes doesn’t box itself in only serving cupcakes. Dave’s Cakes makes plenty of artistic and well designed cakes. 

As a food enthusiast, I have to say that I haven’t enjoyed a sweet treat more than Dave’s oreo cupcake, and if I had a hankering for something sweet, I would know exactly where to go.